Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finally, a little sun

Bellingham, the lovely city I live in (for now) is known for being cloudy and moody. It's worse than Seattle.

Last weekend was sunny and bright and all I wanted to do was get a pedicure so I could wear my sandals. Monday was nice enough, so I got my pedicure after classes and work.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were rainy and chilly. The wind was even going a little. So my lovely pedicure was trapped inside socks and boots!

Friday was a little nicer, I could wear my sandals, finally. But, I was trapped inside all day.

I had high hopes for Saturday and as the morning wore on, it looked like Saturday was going to be nice. We went out for lunch with the Fiance's grandparents and took them to Drizzle, my favorite place in Bellingham. Once we finished there, they took off back home and the Fiance and I turned on an episode of How I Met Your Mother.

As soon as that episode was over, we looked outside. It was raining. And it rained for the remainder of the day.

Today, as I lay here on the couch blogging about the weather, there is sun reflecting off the cars in the parking lot but the sky appears cloudy. I'm torn between staying inside where the weather can't get me or going to the Dirty Dan Days festival in Fairhaven.

I think the lure of sunshine may win out.

No comments:

Post a Comment