Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day One, 74 left.

I only have 74 days left in my undergraduate life.

Today was a good start to my final quarter at Western. I didn't have to be to campus until noon, so I was able to get up at 10 and spend a long time getting ready. I actually put make up on today!

My first class today was Psychology of Gender. The professor is hilarious. I can't wait until we actually get moving on the material. It's going to be an interesting way to finish out my time in college.

Then I went into work. I love my job. I had expected a flurry of emails, but I actually had fewer than ten to deal with. I was pretty happy about that. I've set up some of the meetings that I needed to for hiring and I checked in with my designers. My guys are pretty great.

After work, I went to my other work, which is also a class: The Planet. I'm a story editor, so I have to read and edit a quarter of all the articles that go through the magazines. We introduced ourselves and the process to the writers and photographers and spent time going over the wonderfully important minutiae that make life on The Planet grand. I had so much fun last quarter doing it just for pay that I just had to do it again, but this time for credit and pay. We've got an interesting issue lined up. We're celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring."

Tomorrow, I have work, astronomy and then we'll read Planet query letters. I'm so excited to see what people come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment