Wednesday, March 21, 2012

So, spring break has been truckin' along at a dizzying pace. The past two nights I've been up late playing Mass Effect 3. It's such a beautiful game. It's cinematic and feels like I'm watching an interactive movie. I play it on the PC because I didn't grow up playing video games so xbox controls are difficult for me to play. I get confused and fumble around and die a lot. So, instead, I play on the PC where I can look where I want to look and walk where I want to walk and it makes sense between my hands and my head.

Last night, before jumping into ME3, I had some friends over for dinner. We made chicken alfredo! I've heard alfredo sauces can be really fussy, so I'd never made one before. But this alfredo wasn't fussy at all. It did what it was supposed to. I was really pleased. Dinner turned out well, and we all had fun playing Apples to Apples and Kings.

I really like my friends.

This morning, despite not going to bed until 4 a.m., I was up at 10:30. My friend and I were going to visit Drizzle, an olive oil and vinegar tasting room. I've been there so often that the owner knows my name and values my opinion. This was my friend's first time. There's just something about introducing friends to something you love that warms the heart. And, as usual, I bought another bottle of olive oil. This time, I got the blood orange olive oil. It's light and bright and pairs really well with a plain balsamic to make a salad dressing. I'm trying to eat more salads and eat less dressing. A light home made vinaigrette is perfect.

Drizzle is one of my favorite places in Bellingham. Where do you live and what's your favorite space?


No comments:

Post a Comment