Sunday, March 25, 2012

Best weekend home, ever.

Finally back in B'ham.

My trip home was one of the best I've ever had. For one, my sister and I didn't fight a single time. In the whole history of our lives, this has never happened. That alone made this trip special.

The fiance and I started looking for a truck. We want a little beater that will get him from point A to point B and help us haul some furniture to make some extra cash on the side.

I got to eat some excellent food. My parents are fantastic cooks. First night: steak 'n' taters. Second night: out for Thai. Third night: wishing for summer, daddy made ribs. We had corn on the cob, baked beans, coleslaw and the fiance made cornbread. It was the omnoms. I had four whole ribs to myself. There's just something fantastic about gnawing meat from bone. Mmmm. I'm making myself hungry just thinking about them again....

Aaaaand then there was that little wedding dress thing. Finding the perfect dress to get married in was the highlight of my weekend. I just get the silliest grin on my face when I think about this dress.

Tomorrow, I'm back to the daily grind. The AS has hiring training and it's the only training of the year that I find worthwhile. This is one training I'm not going to complain about.

The scariest part of this weekend: realizing the next time I see my family my sister will be graduating high school and I'll be graduating college.

No comments:

Post a Comment